Best Kept Secrets: Ayerlies Garden and La Voie Francase

About an hours drive from where I live is a secret magical garden called Ayerlies Garden (125 Potts Rd, Whitford, Auckland 2571) . No children or animals are allowed. The garden is open to the public by admission fee and prior arrangement only.  I would have my wedding here, this place is very romantic and storybook-like.
We took some delicious bread from the best-kept secret bakery in auckland, La Voie Francase (875 dominion road, Balmoral, Auckland). The guy that opened up this bakery trained under the guidance of world renowned baker Pierre Herme for a few years before coming to Auckland to start his own bakery. Restaurants such as The french cafe, Meredith's, Clooney and The Grove, serve breads baked by this bakery. Their baguette smeared with a little butter is heaven. So are their macrons. And their blue cheese walnut honey bread is magical.





My mother and I had a picnic at Ayerlies Garden after strolling around the 12 acres of lush greenery.
It was a wonderful day, if you live in Auckland, you must visit both of these places, you won't regret it.

0 comments:

 

About me

Hi I'm Cindy.