My Granola



My Granola is pretty awesome. It's got decent sized clumps, crispiness, crunchiness and nuttiness.
It's way cheaper than the ones at the supermarket and it tastes way nicer too! Instead of just a few pieces of nuts and raisons you have to dig from the bottom of the bag, you get a whole lot! Instead of measly baby clumps, you get huge big mama sized clumps the size of juvenile cookies!

Lets take a look at the difference with my helpful info graphic. Yes, I have created an info-graphic just to emphasise how much better it is to make your own.

This is not the best granola I have tried, that award goes to 3 Michelin star restaurant Eleven Madison Park in NYC. You guys make the best granola ever! and it's free! (You have to dine there first, which is around abut  300 dollars a person for a 12 course tasting menu).  However, this granola is still pretty amazing.

Recipe for homemade granola:
This makes a small batch, but can easily be doubled

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup seeds (I use pumpkin seeds)
1/2 tsp cardamom/cinnamon
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs raw honey (I use raw manuka honey)
pinch of salt
few drops of real vanilla extract
1/4 cup raisons

Preheat oven to 180 c

Combine olive oil, honey, salt, vanilla and spice together in a medium sized bowl.

Add rest of the ingredients except for raisins. Combine, and place mixture onto a tray lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 16-20 minutes until golden and toasty. Let it cool completely before storing in a airtight container.  Serve with milk, yoghurt, fruit and nut butters. It's good for a week.






0 comments:

 

About me

Hi I'm Cindy.